- What is the deadline for applications?
- There are 4 intakes per year: February/March, May, August/September, and November. The main round of applications for all programs closes 2 months before the official start date of the preferred intake.
LRJJ Admissions continues to accept late program applications after the main round of applications has closed. Applicants should Contact LRJJ Admissions directly who will advise as to whether there are places left on the selected program, and inform the applicant of any changes to the admissions process and visa process for late applicants.
- When should I lodge my application? How far in advance can I submit my application?
- LRJJ offers year-round admissions. However, it is advised that you apply at least 3 months before the start of the intake. The ideal time to apply would be 6-8 months in advance or earlier, to ensure your application process is smooth and the place in the selected program is reserved.
- Where can I find the LRJJ bank account details?
- Please Contact Us to request the bank account details.
- Can I apply if I have not yet completed a high school diploma/bachelor degree?
- Many high school diploma/bachelor degree students are making their final decision in the final year of their program about the program they wish to apply for and the institution they wish to enroll into. The majority of LRJJ applicants are no exception to that. Even though you have not yet received the final transcripts and the final award (high school diploma or bachelor degree), you can still lodge your application file by submitting your most recent transcripts of 2-3 years from the high school/university. In this case you will get a conditional acceptance, then during the time when you have your final examinations you can focus on successfully passing the final exams, rather than concentrating on LRJJ’s admission procedure.
The final acceptance of a student into the program is subject to the submission of their final transcripts and the final award.
- Will there be Chinese students in my classes?
- Studying at Les Roches Jin Jiang in Shanghai in China, you will have the opportunity to experience Chinese culture at first hand, and not only Chinese culture.
Les Roches Jin Jiang is an international college which means that when studying you might be sitting in the same class with students not only from China, but also from Russia, Thailand, Morocco, France, Sweden, Indonesia and many more countries; this multinational environment provides you with the opportunity to learn about various cultures and make friends from all over the world.
- Will I learn Chinese during my studies at Les Roches Jin Jiang and how many hours?
- There is a subject ‘Cross-Cultural Understanding and Mandarin’ as a part of the program. Basic Mandarin and Chinese culture are introduced to the students, enabling them to ask questions, understand instructions, and take part in conversations about familiar situations: asking for directions, making a reservation, ordering food and drinks, shopping for clothes, expressing gratitude, and extending an invite to friends.
Cultural learning is a key component of this course where students will discuss Chinese geography, history, economics, and cultural traditions. Students will also learn the basics of reading and writing basic Chinese characters.
The course consists of 45 direct contact hours with the lecturer/instructor.
- What is the fee structure at LRJJ?
The breakdown of the fee structure for international students is as follows:
Main fees: tuition, full board (breakfast, lunch and dinner from Monday to Friday on campus), books, uniform (for Hospitality Preparatory and Undergraduate program students only), and a health check.
Health insurance: Health insurance is compulsory.
Accommodation:Students can choose from two different accommodation options in the deluxe off-campus accommodation “Palm Beach Residence”: a twin room or a single room in a 2-bedroom apartment.
Board Options: The half board option (breakfast and lunch from Monday to Friday on campus) when chosen will result in deduction of a fee.
Please refer to the‘Tuition & Other Fees’ form for more information.
- Do I need a visa to come to study at LRJJ?
- All accepted students are required to apply for and enter Mainland China with a Student (X1) visa. LRJJ Admissions will send all necessary visa support documents, required by the Chinese Consulate from the student’s educational establishment, by registered mail to all students who settle the payment of the main program fees 60 days before the intake. More details on the visa process for accepted students can be found here.
- •Sonia Tatar, the CEO of Les...
- •Les Roches Jin Jiang is Ran...
- •LRJJ Ranked No. 1 in China ...
- • Written by Julia Hong, C...
- •LRJJ Donates to Shanghai Ho...
- •LRJJ Alumni Gathering in Sh...
- •Les Roches Human World Map ...
- •LES ROCHES JIN JIANG SHOWCA...
- •LRJJ’s CEO’s Article on...
- •Shanghai, China, July 10th ...
Admissions office: Les Roches Jin Jiang International Hotel Management College, 928, Yan An West Road, Shanghai, 200052, P.R China
Admissions hotline: +86 21 6212 1856 +86 180 0178 1386
Copyright © 2010 www.lrjj.cn. All Rights Reserved. 沪ICP备15003064号